1. Clean out your files. Today is also Clean Your Files Day. Just make sure you shred any papers with confidential information and that you recycle all paper.
2. If you're out shopping, buy some reusable shopping bags...and use them.
3. Make a quick trip to the library and check out a movie like "An Inconvenient Truth," or "Erin Brockovich," or "The Day After Tomorrow."
4. Wash your windows. I mix a little white vinegar with water in a spray bottle and I use old newspapers instead of paper towels.
5. Go for a walk...outside. Parks are nice this time of year.
6. Try eating vegetarian for the day. Doesn't a fresh green salad sound good?
7. Cut down on your use of energy. Turn off lights and appliances. It saves even more energy if you unplug them. Walk or bicycle instead of taking the car.
8. Instead of watching television, turn the evening into family game night. You'll save electricity and have some quality time with your loved ones.
9. Make a donation to a local charity or food bank. Take books you no longer want to the library. Green organizations always welcome cash donations.
10. There are lots of printables available on the Internet. A quick search of "Earth Day activities" will give coloring book pages, crossword puzzles, word search puzzles, as well as a variety of other fun things to do.