Saturday, April 24, 2010

Printliminator

The other day I was reading the blog Free Technology for Teachers by Mr. Byrne. He was writing about a bookmarklet called "Printliminator." Of course, I had to try it out.

I went to the Printliminator website and installed it with a simple click and drag procedure. Then I tested it. What a neat and handy tool!

I went to a website that had an article I wanted to print. It had a lot of ads and miscellaneous items that I didn't want to print. This is where Printliminator shines. I clicked on the bookmarklet and then was able to click on all the items I didn't want to print. I eliminated a few pictures, ads, and text, and was then able to print straight from the website, printing only the items I wanted to. The finished product looked amazing. It also saved a lot of paper by not printing all the unnecessary items. I used to have to copy and paste text from websites into a word processor to get these kinds of results, but not any more. Printliminator makes the job easy.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment