Friday, April 2, 2010

Sometimes Parents Just Miss the Point

I've been following the news about Tiger Woods. The women with whom he's had affairs have said he was cheap. He served them Subway sandwiches and made them fly coach. One of the women's mothers evidently told her daughter that he should have had her fly first class.

Is this what a mother should be telling her daughter? It seems to me that she should be advising her not to be having an affair with a married man.

I don't consider myself a prude or even old-fashioned, but some actions are just wrong. Being with a married man is one of them. If this mother was only concerned with whether her daughter was flying coach or first class, she needs to re-examine her values and moral fiber.

I saw so much of this when I was teaching...parents just missing the point. Please stop and think about what your children are doing and what you're teaching them. I can't imagine any mother wants their child to end up like these women. Of course, I've been wrong before.

No comments:

Post a Comment