Monday, January 18, 2010

Martin Luther King, Jr. Day

Today is set aside to honor Martin Luther King, Jr. This great man looked forward to a day when all people are judged by the "content of their character." While I don't believe we're there yet, I do think we're still heading in the right direction. And yet when I looked up the following video on YouTube, I noticed that the "Comments" section had been disabled because so many were hateful and racist. It's obvious we still have a long way to go in achieving equal rights, not only for African Americans, but for many other groups in our society, as well.

The following video is the full version of Dr. King's speech. It can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbUtL_0vAJk.

1 comment:

  1. That's disheartening that people would put racist comments on You Tube. I shouldn't be naive, but I cannot believe there's still this much animosity in this country. Let's hope we continue to make progress.

    ReplyDelete