Saturday, December 19, 2009

Santa's Pack

Before Christmas break I would always give the students a logic puzzle. I had several, but this one was always my favorite. It's a little more difficult than some, but it's cute, clever, and it definitely makes you think. I don't know who the author is, but I thank them for many years of Christmas fun in my classroom.
Old Santa's pack held 30 toys
Made by his elfin crew.
And though none made the same amount,
Each elf made more than two.
The elf named Cher made one more toy
Than the elf who dressed in reds,
But Cher made one less Christmas toy
Than the elf who made the sleds.
Spry Johnny elf made racing cars.
Five toys were made by Jane.
The elf who dressed in yellow suits
Made each and every train.
The elf who always dressed in green
Made one-third as many as Sue.
Cute Marcia elf was dressed in orange
And one elf dressed in blue.
The elf who made the spinning tops
Made the most toys of them all.
Another perky, smiling elf
Made each and every ball.
Old Santa’s Pack held 30 toys
All tagged for girls and boys.
Now from the clues that you've been given
Guess who made what toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment