Sunday, December 13, 2009

20 Jobs for Retired Teachers

When I retired, everyone asked me what I was going to do with all my free time. My first response was that I was going to clean 32 years of school clutter out of my home. I figured that would take a long time, and it has. I'm still not done with that. My second response was "anything I want."

Today, I was thinking about jobs for retired teachers. Here is a list of what some of the retired teachers I know are doing:

1. Figuring income taxes
2. Tutoring
3. Substituting
4. Working for the local private school
5. Professional gardening
6. Helping home-schoolers
7. Painting, cleaning, construction
8. Helping at the local community college
9. Teaching in a bordering state
10. Artistic painting
11. Participating in community theater
12. Writing books/poetry/blogs
13. Administering AP exams
14. Checking GED exams
15. Delivering pizza, flowers
16. Sacking groceries
17. Volunteering at a hospital/care center/day care
18. Running a Bed & Breakfast
19. School Board member
20. City Council member

So if you're retired and would like a job to fill your time, you might want to try one of these. Some will earn you a little extra cash and some are strictly volunteer, but all will fill up that free time for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment