Saturday, December 26, 2009

My Fourth Favorite YouTube Video for 2009

When I first saw this video on the morning news, I was so impressed, I emailed the link to several friends. Little did I know that Susan Boyle would become the singing sensation for the year.

What impressed me most, however, was how everyone prejudged her when she first walked on stage. There were giggles and eye-rolls and expectations of humiliation. It so reminded me of how students in a classroom often act when certain other students enter the room. It certainly isn't acceptable when students do it, yet here are adults in an audience exhibiting the same behavior.

Susan Boyle has an incredible voice. Hopefully she taught a lot of people a valuable lesson...don't judge a book by its cover. The audience was so rude. I'm so glad she showed them what she could do. Maybe next time, they will think before they judge. Maybe they'll teach their children to do the same

To see the video, visit this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

I would have included the video here, but YouTube embedding was disabled by request.


No comments:

Post a Comment