Saturday, July 3, 2010

What Can a Compliment Do?

I took a 4-day class last week. This week I worked on two papers for the class that needed to be emailed to the instructor by July 4. I finally sent them off at about 10:00 pm tonight.

In less than half an hour, the instructor had emailed back that he had received the papers. He gave me an extremely nice compliment about one of them. I can't tell you how good that made me feel. I had worked hard on those papers and it was nice to feel the work was appreciated.

You know, if a simple compliment can make me feel this good, imagine what it can do for students. I mean, I've taken a lot of classes, I've written a lot of papers, I've lived a lot of years, and yet I still love to hear a word or two of praise.

How nice it would be if everyone could receive a compliment each day. That could happen if everyone would give a compliment each day. And while you're at it, try giving two.

No comments:

Post a Comment